The federal resources compiled here are not meant to encompass all available federal websites. Resources were chosen in accordance with librarian responses to Institute surveys. These are meant to represent the websites most utilized by librarians.
- Internal Revenue Service
- Social Security Online
- Common Social Security Forms
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Information on U.S. citizenship, permanent residence and immigration issues.
- Homes & Communities
- National Weather Service
- National Hurricane Center
- U.S. Government Portal for Children
- White House
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States House of Representatives
- United States Senate
U.S. Government Web site that encourages public participation in the Federal rulemaking process by allowing you to view and comment on regulations and other actions for Federal agencies.
- GPO Access
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Library of Congress
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Information on health, disease symptoms, treatment and prevention and health emergency and disaster management.
- Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- HHS.gov: Department of Health and Human Services
- Office of the Surgeon General
- HealthFinder Children’s Portal
- U.S. Government Business Link
Information on starting businesses, employment regulation and industry specific.